If you loved the YouTube video (see Animal TV) then our extended interview with John Rendall is essential listening.
John, and fellow Australian traveller Ace Bourke, bought Christian the lion from Harrods department store in 1969 (yes, you could do that then!) and he ended up being the first London lion to be rehabilitated into the wild.
Split over two epsiodes, John’s conversations with Adore Animals Foundation’s Managing Director, Lisa Louden, reveal the story behind the unusual, lasting friendship between a lion and two men.
Part One includes:
- the YouTube posting and what’s happened since
- insights into Christian’s personality and temperament
- exotic animals for sale at Harrods in 1969
- Chelsea, London, and the freedom and excitement of the era
- Foremost lion expert, George Adamson
We’ve also written a review of the book by John Rendall and Ace Bourke.
To take a look at the book about Christian’s amazing story, Australian readers can buy the book by clicking on the image below:
and international readers can find the book at Amazon by clicking on the image below.